Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April in a NUT shell!

Since it's been a crazy few weeks, I'd figured I'd run through April quickly....

After Brayden's Birthday party on the first, came our Spring Break. Dan was on vacation with us so we tried to do little things all week long to make it fun. We started off on the 6th with an awesome egg hunt at Mandy's. Mandy hid all the eggs on a long path on the farm and the kids went looking for them. They had a blast! Since it was Brayden's real birthday, I brought a cake for everyone to sing to him. He loved it!! We were about to leave and Mandy's mother in law suggested we'd go take a look at the new baby lamb. So we went. Mandy was kind enough to give us a little tour of the farm. We got to see the sheep, the cows, and the horses up close. What a fun day!!!


Then came Easter, I hosted again, and I have to say EVERYTHING went PERFECT! The whole dinner came out great, everyone had a nice time. The only downfall was Dan had an allergy attack and was miserable! We had an egg hunt in the yard for the kids! I think we hid over 100 eggs for 5 kids. 


At Easter, Bill and Cari asked Danny to be the Godfather of Brody. Dan was very excited! 


After Easter, Dan helped his dad put the new roof on the shed. It stunk not to have him around for two days. By Wednesday, I made him stay home with us and go bowling. I signed up for the kidsbowlfree.com and was able to take us all bowling for $6!  The kids only lasted one game each.


One of those nights, we headed to the Deptford Carnival in the Walmart shopping center. We went with Billy Bear, Uncle Bill, Aunt Cari and Brody. The kids had a great time! We dressed them all in Phillies to take a special picture for Mother's Day.


Melissa got Dan and Bill tickets for the boys to go to the Soul game. This was Dan's first sporting event with the boys. Bill thought it would be fun to take Brayden (his godson) and Daniel to the game. They were very lucky to be the coin toss kids as well and were able to be on the field during the opening of the game.







While the boys were at the game, Madison took my credit card for a work out at Children's Place, Payless and Claire's Boutique! Wow, she's going to be an expensive teenager. We are in BIG trouble!

So many other things happened this month, but these are the highlighted events. May has been eventful too, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment