Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving of 2013

Well, it wasn't the best day ever but it was nice. Madison and Daniel had a concert for parent visitation week that was all about Thanksgiving and then there was a feast afterwards. It was really cute, I got a GREAT pic of Madison and her BFF Ava and Daniel with his buddies Connor and John. It's just so nice that they have made such GREAT friends and we've only been here 4 months. It was the best decision we've ever made to move.




For Thanksgiving, Grammy went out of her way to make dinner for 20 of us. When we went over there that night, 7 people didn't show. It was very frustrating, Grammy was upset and Pop was pissed off, so it didn't make it too pleasant.  We went over to celebrate Christian's birthday too and then Cari and I went Black Friday Shopping. It is SO much fun to have a buddy to go with every year. We really get along great together and make it fun and get so much accomplished in one night. The cousins and the men all slept at Grammy's that night. So I had to pick them up the next morning. I ended up taking Billy home with us for some more fun. They had lunch and played and watched movies. Billy and Bray are so close, I hope they never lose that! 



The following weekend after Thankgiving we decided to take the ride to Yardley and see the light show at Shady Brooke Farms. It was precious because Brayden was only 2 the last time we went and didn't remember it. So it was all new to him! I loved seeing the expression on his face about everything. After the driving part, we went inside to get hot cocoa and see Santa! The kids all sat with Santa for a picture! It's the FIRST YEAR EVER! And no tears! I loved it!!! It was unplanned but the picture turned out precious!


Last night, we took the kids to Haggerty's in the Pitman Grove. It's such a fun night! I remember going there when I was little so I love that I can continue the tradition with them. They love the different displays and the chance to get out and walk around is so fun for them. Afterwards, we got hot cocoa again at Wawa and drove around to see more lights.





Santa also sent the kids letters, reassuring them that he knew they moved and that he knew what was the most important things on their lists.



Only 18 more days to go til the big day! Can't wait as usually! It's my favorite time of the year!!! I just want it to be the kids favorite time too!



No comments:

Post a Comment