Friday, March 18, 2011

Our Leprechaun Visit...


We started the night before telling Madison and Daniel (and Brayden) what Saint Patrick's Day was and how the Leprechauns are known to play tricks on some houses. We also told them that they leave gold behind from time to time. They were so excited to go to sleep that night that they were out like a light in a few minutes. I decided to wait until I went to bed to do anything to the house just in case they decided to get up. About 1:00 am, after reading several ideas on the internet, I decided to turn the toilet water green and toilet paper the house. I left cabinets open and messed up the kitchen counter. I made sure that the toilet paper was wrapped around them and down the stairs leading right to the toilet. I also left gold (chocolate) coins on their dresser. Then, I went to bed. I woke the next morning and I shouted to the twins that the Leprechaun came!!! They jumped right out of bed and thought everything was hilarious. They followed the toilet paper trail to the powder room. Madison walked inside the bathroom and yelled, "EWW, HE PEED IN THE TOILET! AND IT'S GREEN!" Well, I NEVER thought they would assume it was pee but it was hilarious! Daniel came RUNNING down the steps to check it out! What a GREAT time they had believing that a Leprechaun really did come to visit us. I can't wait until next year! It's definitely going to be MORE elaborate than this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment