Friday, August 5, 2011

Madison's First Cavity Filling

Madison went on August 1st to get her first cavity filled. She went to the pediatric dentist in Cherry Hill, who was ABSOLUTELY fabulous! Of course, we talked about it and told her what to expect. She sat in the chair and the dentist was amazing, explaining the whole procedure in a way she would understand. We found out that when Madison was developing in the womb, two of her molars formed incorrectly which caused her to have several extra groves in them. They were weak teeth to begin with so our brushing and eating habits really didn't cause the cavities. That was a huge relief! The dentist took care of the first tooth on the left top side. She will be doing the next tooth on September 30th. I'm so proud of her! I wish they were around when I was a child, maybe I wouldn't be so afraid of going to the dentist today.

1 comment:

  1. just was reading up on your blog. I too have kids with cavities and being a dental hygienist I get so upset about it, but really their is nothing we can do about it. I brush and floss with them every day and long and behold both Connor and Mara have them. I'm glad she did well with getting them filled. Hope you guys are all doing good. Can't believe it is August and we haven't done one single playdate this summer. Just so busy with who even knows what. Hopefully we will see eachother before you go back to school and cheers to you on getting your masters, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete