Sunday, February 12, 2012

Madison lost her FIRST tooth!


I remember 5 years ago when her first tooth came in. She was 5 months old and we were shocked to see the little bud of a tooth. Well, 5 years later, it has now fallen out! :( I am so happy for her because it's one of those moments in life you never forget and it's such a huge milestone for her. But, in the same thought I'm so sad! She's growing up so fast and now she's going to get her first adult tooth. I feel like before I know it she'll be all grown up. I just want her to stay innocent and young for a little bit longer.  Well, she was SO excited. She had been wiggling it for the past few months, but within the last few weeks it has become very loose. I thought she was going to lose it on Friday at school, but I am so glad it held on until Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) and we were ALL home to witness it, even daddy!!! After dinner that night, her and Dan were playing on the floor in the living room and Dan just happened to say to her...how's the wiggling tooth doing? She felt her mouth and screamed, "IT'S GONE!" At first my heart sank, it was her first tooth and we were not going to have it to place under the pillow. But, luckily Dan found it laying on the carpet. We immediately took pictures of the tooth and the "hole." She invited everyone to come look at her "hole."  So, my parents stopped over and gave her $5 for losing the tooth. Well, she walked around with the tooth forever and then placed it on Daddy's tooth pillow for the tooth fairy. Of course, she had a MILLION questions about the tooth fairy which we tried answer before bed. Well, the tooth fairy came ;) and Madison woke up at 4 am. She looked at the pillow and yelled "The tooth fairy took my tooth and didn't leave me anything!" Dan immediately nudged me and I whispered to him, "Yes she did!" So Dan went into her room and looked for the money and under her pillow was $5. She insisted this was mom-mom's money not the tooth fairy's money. So, I had to physically walk her down the stairs to show her that mom-mom's money was in the corner cabinet. She finally believed me and back to bed we went. What a GREAT first tooth story!

No comments:

Post a Comment