Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our Trip to the Shore, Again!

Sunday came and Dan started his second vacation of the year. We were off to the redneck condo for another fun week down the shore! We left about 11 am and headed east for the Jersey Shore. We didn't do a formal vacation this year, because we are hoping to be able to do Disney World next year for the kids. We hope that next year will be the perfect year since the twins will be 7 and Brayden will be 4. Hoping it will be something they can remember for the rest of their lives! Well, back to the shore vacation, we got to the shore around 12:30ish, unloaded the car and headed straight for the pool at the campground. The water in the pool was warm and it was a nice hot day to be there. We stayed until 4:30 and then headed home. We all took showers and then cooked hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill for dinner. We decided at dinner to take the kids to the boardwalk. Grammy and Pop get us Morey's pier tickets every year for Easter and they come in handy! We haven't paid for a ride on the boardwalk yet!!! After several rides, we decided to get ice cream. As we were eating the ice cream, I noticed the go carts several feet from us. We walked over to the go carts and realized when we got closer they had mini karts for the kids. Daniel cleared the height requirement with flying colors, but Madison was just at the line. We decided to get them tickets to ride. Brayden was upset that he couldn't go on so Dan took him on the big ones in a double passenger. As we waited, Daniel and Madison complained they didn't want to do them because it was just a circle and they thought it was going to boring. I encouraged them to just try it, and they did. They LOVED it!!! They loved trying to see who would come in first and who was passing who. After that we continued to walk the boards, Madison began asking for a fringed shirt that she saw at one of the stores. We went into several stores but they only had adult sizes (probably because a 5 year old should not be wanting shirts like these). So, she had a tantrum even though I told her we would make her one. She settled for a little stuffed doggie she found. Daniel wanted this blow up Spiderman that he ended up winning by throwing darts at the balloons. Brayden wanted a Spiderman shirt, which I was SHOCKED by how much they charge for a tshirt with an iron on decal on top; $25 but we paid it!!! I just wanted them all to be happy. That's why I coupon everything else we own so we can spurge now and then! We left the boardwalk around 9:30 and headed back to the park. We were pooped and still had 4 more days to go!





















On Monday, we woke up and it was gloomy and raining! It sucked cause all we wanted to do was go to the beach! So we waited and decided to hit up Owen's Pub for lunch. We go there on Monday's because they have the BEST mini cheese steaks for $1.95!!! It's awesome when you are feeding 3 kids and 2 adults. We headed back to the camp ground with the intentions on hitting up the beach, but when we got settled we felt it was too late.  So we hit up the pool once again. We went out for ice cream that night at the Trolley Stop and then hit the couch to watch TV.

On Tuesday, we were up nice and early and hit the beach by 11 am. The kids had a BLAST at the beach and mommy and daddy actually got to rest for a little bit as we watched them build castles! We stayed til about 1 and headed back to get cleaned up so we could hit up the Cape May Zoo. (I think my guys are Cape May Zoo-ed out by now! It wasn't too interesting to them.) After the zoo, we headed to West Wildwood to visit Aunt Jack. Then we headed to the Cape May Courthouse Diner for dinner. It was another long day!!!







The fringe shirt mommy made! She loved it!

On Wednesday, Aunt Lala came down around 11 to head back to the beach. This time we stayed til about 3. I love the beach at this age because it's the only time I actually get to rest! The kids are scared to go in the ocean because they think crabs bit their toes. We left the beach and headed back to the campground where we cooked bbq chicken and corn! YUMMY! Lisa had to leave by 6 so Lisa and I took the kids to the playground while Dan slept. When we got back, I took the kids with me to guide Lisa back to Acme so she could head home. Afterwards, the kids and I went out for ice cream (I was mad at Dan for not waking up so I knew that would bother him if I did, and guess what it did!!) We then headed to the pool for a late night swim (well the kids swam and we watched). Then it was off to bed.





Dan and I decided to go home the next day, we had made reservations for the Pirate Voyages in Ocean City at 12:30 and we were ALL excited to go. We decided to pack up before and go home from there. We got up late around 9, got ready, packed up and headed off to Ocean City. We didn't really know what to expect since we never heard of anyone doing this. But, it was honestly the best thing we did the whole trip! It was perfect for them!!! Face painting, water gun shooting, treasure hunting, etc! They LOVED it and so did we!





















No comments:

Post a Comment