Saturday, February 26, 2011

February is flying by...

A few things about February:

I made dinner for my dad's birthday on the 20th. It was a nice time. Great Grammy, Mom, Dad, me, Brayden, Daniel and Madison had the chance to have homemade spaghetti with homemade meatballs. We had cake afterwards! Madison helped me roll out the spaghetti that morning. I told her all about how my nana taught me how to make homemades and one day I will teach her how to make them. She LOVED the dough as it was coming out of the machine. She's just like her mother! Then Daniel tasted and spit it out saying "It's yucky!" So, I put them in the fridge to sit until dinner and noticed that there were small strings of spaghetti on the floor. I immediately thought Madison did it, but when I corrected her, Daniel began to laugh so I knew he was the guilty one. Secretly, I guess he really did like them.

At this particular dinner, Daniel began to touch his privates. I immediately corrected him by saying, "Don't touch your pee-pee at the table!" He responded, "I'm not touching that, I'm touching my family jewels!" I honestly thought the we were all going to fall out of seats with laughter.

I was really excited to have a play date at Kelly's with the ladies and the kids! Everyone is getting SO big! It's amazing to watch children grow because it really displays how short life is and how we should cherish every moment! We went to Kelly's on President's day and had a really nice time. The ladies talked as the kids ran around and played. I was really happy that Daniel was playing with the Connor and Aaron. At play dates in the past he would normally find a toy that interested him and go play with little interaction. Madison was a little more timid and played dollhouse with Steven most of the time until she found the Mara's dress up things. Brayden was following everyone around trying to act as if he was 5. He did get his finger stuck in the pocket door. He cried for a few minutes, but was ok shortly after. After the play date, we went and surprised Grammy because it was her birthday! We stayed there for a short time and then wondered back home for dinner and baths and bed!

Next on Thursday, we went to Grammy's to celebrate Grammy's 59th birthday. Grammy cooked veal cutlets and ziti. We had cheesecake for desert and came home. I am really impressed with Billy's speech. Brayden is so far behind compared to him. I hope Brayden is not going to go through the non-talking stage like Daniel did.

Today, I took the kids to the library for our biweekly visit. Dan and his dad worked on the kids bathroom. They removed the toilet, vanity and laid new underlayment. Next, I am going to paint the walls and Dan is going to install the floor. After that we are going to put up wainscoting and the vanity and the bathroom will finally be completed! Pictures of the remodel will be posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment