Saturday, March 31, 2012
Been bummed lately...
Thought I'd post this because it's been heavily on my mind. About a week ago, a couple from North Jersey called us and asked us if we were selling our house. I was shocked when she had told us she saw the house on Zillow (it was listed as a "make me an offer" listing). This was something I did months ago and never really put much thought into it. We definitely wanted to entertain the idea and agreed to let them come down on Saturday to look at the house. We were honest about the price we needed to move and thought this was way to good to be true. They came down on Saturday after hours of cleaning the night before and that morning. The woman LOVED the house and was talking about moving in by July. I couldn't believe it! It was perfect!! We would be able to move and the kids could finish out Kindergarten here. Well, the rest of weekend we were excited! We started driving around looking at houses in Washington Twp and Mullica Hill. We even looked at a BEAUTIFUL new construction home on Sunday. In our minds we were moving and this was a dream come true. We even found out about a new mortgage program that allowed 0% down payment if we bought in certain areas. It felt like it was getting better and better by the moment! Well, Monday morning came and the news came via text that the couple was not going to purchase the house because the drive was too far for the boyfriend! UGH!!! The news crushed all the dreams and hopes we had. Our main goal was to get the kids into a better school district and a fourth bedroom so the kids could all have their own rooms! Since then, I feel like moving is one of those goals that I will never be fulfill because of the market situation. Our house is amazing and I would stay in a heartbeat if I could afford to send the kids to private school. I just don't know where to go from here, do I give up on my hopes of providing better for my family or do I keep on trying even though the goal is too far out of reach??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment