One of his favorite activities to do, he lines up the scrabble tiles with such detail.
Ok, I'm not one of those parents that think my kids are smart. I think they are bright and I believe if you put your mind to anything you can succeed at it. But, Daniel blows me away from time to time. Sometimes, I wonder if it's only because we thought he was delayed between the ages of 2-4. Daniel did not speak for us until he was practically 4 years old. But the more I compare him to the kids I teach and Madison I'm blown away. He can recite his ABC's backwards (he was able to do it since he was 2). He's extremely great at memorizing things. He has memorized everyone's birthdays in our family and extended family. He is also able to tell me the birthday's of his classmates. Well, these things sound wonderful and bright, but what he did Thursday night BLEW me away and STUNNED Dan. He was able to get on the iPad and log on to Google Maps and take us in satalite mode from our house to pop's house. He was able to tell me the buildings we were passing and the difference between the way pop pop takes and the way I take. HOW CAN A FIVE YEAR DO THIS!?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment