In the mist of the back injury, I went to the doctors for a check-up and ending up getting an EKG and tons of blood work and urine tests. The doctor wants to figure out why I'm having dizzy spells. I think it's related to sugar in some way, but I won't know until next week.
Oh, it gets worse! This Saturday that just past, I decided I was going to go food shopping with the kids because we needed food badly. So, I took them to the library first so they would feel like they already had their chance to shop! It works GREAT, they think it's like a store where they can "buy" anything they'd like. We had a blast there, too! We played on the computers and sat and worked on puzzles.
Then we headed to Shoprite. The whole trip was going great! I only had one thing I didn't want in the cart and the kids were helping the whole way. I was doing a catalina deal and was suppose to get $18 back in Shoprite coupons so I could come back the next day and get next week's sale items. Well, when we got the register, Brayden was trying to climb out of the cart because he wanted to be with his brother and sister. So, I decided to let him down. We were at the VERY last register and there was a small area off to the side where they had candy stacked on a rack. The kids were looking at the candy and I was keeping an eye on them while I was bagging the groceries. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Brayden fall down and fall right into the candy rack. I went over to console him and he was bleeding everywhere. A few people came to see if he was ok, but we then determined with the help of a kind customer who happened to be a nurse that he was going to need stitches. He had a cut above his top lip that was very deep. He had a bump on his head and after a few hours we had noticed that he had bruised his nose too.
Well, here was my dilemma...how was I going to get him to the hospital, a cart full of checked-out groceries home, and the twins to a babysitter all at the same time alone! Of course, Dan was working and if you read above we couldn't afford to have him leave work.
So, I get the groceries in the car thanks to the workers at Shoprite. I got the kids buckled in. I got on the phone immediately with Pop-pop and had him rush over. I went home and thank goodness Brayden had stopped bleeding so much. I came in the house, throw the groceries in the fridge and waited about 5 minutes for Pop-pop to arrive. As soon has he came in, I left to get Bray to the hospital.
At the hospital, I was told he was going to need stitches. The first thing they asked me is if I wanted him on "happy juice" during the stitches. I thought hard about it, but finally agreed. So glad I did because I wouldn't have the following video of him "drunk". They are hysterical!!
All kidding aside now...the stitches were worse on mommy than Brayden! They wrapped him up in a papoose to hold him down, then began to stitch him up. He tried to climb out and he cried so hard while screaming "MOM!" I felt awful! I knew it was the right thing to do, but I just wanted to hold him and tell him it was going to be ok!
He's been ok dealing with the stitches; he points to them often and says "boo-boo" which is adorable! The last picture is of him proud of his stitches...
Oh, back to my Shoprite deal I was getting that I had mentioned above! After we got back to hospital Brayden fell asleep and I decided to look at my receipt finally and check out my catalina coupons that I was suppose to get. Unfortunately, only $13 printed out and one of my $5 catalina coupon was no where to be found. I was SO disappointed! My mom felt bad for me and gave me $5 bucks, which helped a little!
And to top everything off, my Author's Night (my end of the year event) was last night! So in all of this craziness I was planning for my biggest night at school! Thank goodness it's over! I just hope that things clam down now, and we can have a relaxing two weeks (at least)!

Jeneen, so sorry to hear that things are a little hard right now. Something always comes up and there is never enough time or money for all that we need. Just remember that you are a wonderful Mommy and you are doing all you can to raise such beautiful kids. Everything will work out, just pray about it, God works in wonderful ways. Try to relax when you are done school and lets get together for some playdates.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelly! We are hanging in! Looking forward to the summer and hopefully some playdates!
ReplyDelete